Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Snow Covered Crunch Bars


Recipe From:  Allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Snow-Covered-Crunch-Bars/Detail.aspx





Total Time: 30 min to prep and 1 hour in refrigerator to set
Rating:
The Pink Chef- 6 (has the possibility of being a 10 with changes)
Hubby Rating- 8
Presentation- 8
Dishes- 7
Leftovers- I made these bars as a treat for our Bible Study group so it's hard to judge leftovers, but it probably made about 20 bars (and I cut them in large servings).
Changes I made while cooking-  I did not have sugar cookie mix like the recipe called for, so I used snicker doodle cookie mix (everyone seemed to like it).  I only used 1.5 C of peanut butter (1/2 regular and 1/2 low fat) instead of 2.5 (which was more than enough!).  I had extra chocolate mixture and chex cereal so I made some puppy chow for later with it.
Thoughts while cooking-  "This is getting powdered sugar everywhere!!"  "Stop eating the cookie dough."
Impressions while eating-  "Why is the top part of the bar coming off of the cookie bottom?"
Changes I would make-  I would use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate (I prefer white chocolate in Puppy Chow Mix as well).  I would try and make it with regular sugar cookie mix...but the snicker doodle wasn't bad!  I did not see the step that says "gently press chex mixture onto cookie"....that is probably why the top part of the bar came off of the bottom!  I would for sure do that next time!  I would probably use less chex mix because these bars were so thick they were hard to eat (maybe 4-5 C rather than 6).  Also, I put the bars in the freezer to set because I was running short on time...I wonder if this has something to do with why the top layer separated from the bottom?  I would still only use 1.5 C of peanut butter, however, I would use the full fat kind and not half and half.
Extra ingredients to use later in the week- Powdered sugar and Chex Cereal

No comments:

Post a Comment