Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who is the Pink Chef?



Hello! My name is Caitie, I'm 26, a military wife of almost 3 years, live in California, a registered nurse (who is currently not working because we are getting ready to move to NM), pregnant with our first child (a little girl we have decided to name Kelsey), a Christian, and I love the color pink =)

Why start this blog?
1.  Too many women my age do not know how to cook- I know it's not the 1950's and women don't just stay at home and cook, but I believe every woman should have at least 5-10 good recipes they can make perfectly every time!  I have my "secret recipes" that I will share (called "Pinky's Secrets"), but the majority of this blog will be new recipes!  I know I will have some great ones and some...gross ones, but I will be honest the entire time (hey, at least you don't have to eat it!  Sorry hubs!).      
2. I have "Obsessive Grocery Shopping Disorder"- meaning I go to the store without a list and buy a bunch of random stuff! I always have to buy the "new" products...the latest cake mix, the newest pasta, etc. These items then sit in my pantry and I eventually have to throw them away. I want to be more organized and shop with a purpose!  I am planning on creating a weekly menu and grocery list once I have enough "eatable" recipe's for a week (basically when I have 7+ recipe's that I really really like).
3. Money doesn't grow on palm tree's- Because we are going from two incomes to one, we can no longer afford to support my "O.G.S.D." If I have a weekly recipe and grocery list then I hope to spend less money and throw less out!
4. Soon to be "The Pink Momma"- which means less time to plan and cook! If I have several weekly menus then I can make sure we don't starve and I don't have to think about recipes!
5. I find myself interesting- I hope you do too! =)

How will this blog work?
I will create a weekly menu with 6 dinners and 1 breakfast (leaving the other days for eating out (we are limiting ourselves to 2 times per wk) and left overs). I will also create a grocery list for the week and post how much I spend on the food (keep in mind, I shop at the commissary on base so it will be a little more for civilians). I will rate each meal, post pictures, and blog about how the meal turned out. At the end of the week I will post the final menu and grocery list after my revisions. I will also try and post one "weekly special recipe" that I have tried in the past or is a "Pinky's Secret!"  I will also post "Mom's baking tips," because everything I know about baking is due to her (baking is our specialty!).

I hope you enjoy this blog! Please leave comments and recommendations!

-The Pink Chef
"No we are not expecting an earthquake...
this is the aftermath of O.G.S.D "

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!!!! I for keep reading cuz I don't cook. !! :)
    *Kari*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all the help I can get! :-)

    ReplyDelete