Thursday, April 14, 2011

B.L.T.A on a Croissant, Curly Fries, and Pudding with Strawberries






Recipe from: Caitie Bump (B.L.T.A similar to Red Robin)
B.L.T.A.- pile bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado on a croissant...yes, it's really that simple! 
Curly Fries- I used Albertsons brand and followed the directions on the package  (I think these baked fries are the closest you're gonna get to restaurant style without frying them).
Vanilla Pudding with Strawberries- make vanilla pudding according to package 
(I used the kind you have to cook on the stove) and add cut up strawberries...again, yes, it's that simple!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ratings:
The Pink Chef- 9
Hubby Rating- 9
Presentation- 9
Dishes- 3
Leftover- 1
Changes I made while cooking:  I added turkey and mayo to the hubby's B.L.T.A. I added "Laury's" seasoning to the fries half way through cooking.
Thoughts while cooking:  "Wow, this is super fast!"  "We need more ketchup."  "I should have used instant pudding..."  "Always wash your fruit, people have babies in the fields" (this sounds really weird...but I actually had a patient who had her baby in the strawberry field...yikes!!!).
Impressions while eating:  "This is the best meal I have blogged about so far!"  "Pudding and strawberries are boring"  "Strawberries would taste much better with cool pudding"
Changes I would make:  Possibly add cheese to the B.L.T.A.  Add salt to the tomato's on the sandwich.  Spice up the dessert....next time I will make this recipe instead:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Trifle/Detail.aspx
Extra ingredients to use later in the week:  Bacon, croissants, lettuce, pudding, strawberries
Can you say, BOOOORING!


No comments:

Post a Comment