Monday, April 25, 2011

Spicy Sausage Shepherd's Pie and Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Recipe From: Rachael Ray and Allrecipes.com







Shepard's Pie- http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/Spicy-Sausage-Shepherd-s-Pie
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake- http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake-VII/Detail.aspx
Total Time: 1 hour
Rating: 
The Pink Chef- Shepard's Pie 8 and Pineapple cake 10
Hubby Rating- 9 and 9
Presentation- Shepard's Pie 5 and Pineapple cake 9
Dishes- 8
Leftovers- 5+
Changes I made while cooking:  I did not use horseradish in the Shepherd's Pie (only because I could not find it in the store...where do they keep that stuff?), I added cheese to the Shepard's Pie for the last 15 min of cooking and garlic salt, I did not use cherries on the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (b/c I do not like maraschino cherries...I know, I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like them haha).
Thoughts while cooking: "I hate chopping things."  "I have never cooked anything in a iron skillet in the oven before....can you put pans in the oven that have non-stick stuff on them?"
Impressions while eating: "This tastes much better than it looks!"
Changes I would make:  The cheese and the garlic salt were a good (and needed) addition to the Shepard's Pie.  The Pineapple Upside-Down cake was perfect!!!!
Extra ingredients for later in the week:  cream, 1/2 head cabbage, garlic cloves




No comments:

Post a Comment