Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicago-Style Pan Pizza

Chicago-Style Pan Pizza!

 Recipe from: allrecipes.com (one of the  best cooking websites ever!     
  I highly recommend it for ideas!)
Hubby to the Rescue!




Total time: 40 min (we added 10 minutes   
 to our time due to our can opener breaking 
 while trying to open the tomatoes).  Thank 
 goodness for the hubby and wire cutters! =)  
 Ratings:  
  The Pink Chef- 6
  Hubby Rating- 7
  Presentation- 5
  Dishes- 1 (very few!)
  Leftovers- 2
Changes I made while cooking: I subbed sausage for pepperoni.  Didn't cook tomatoes like the recipe said, just opened the can (finally) and dumped them on top of the pepperoni with some garlic salt (I love garlic salt if you haven't noticed yet!). I also did not use fennel seed (looks like bird seed haha but it is good in tomato sauce for spaghetti).  I cooked the pizza for only 20 min vs. 25-35 min the recipe called for (however, I like my dough a little bit more raw than  the average person!).  
Thoughts while cooking:  "There is no way this dough will fit in this pan!" "Wow, minus the dough, this is pretty fast and easy!"  "Thank goodness for my hubby or this pizza would be tomato-less!"
Impressions while eating:  "This dough is uneven under the pizza and even a little more raw than I would like."  "Needs more toppings!"  "Very cheesy and the crust on the outside of the pizza is good."
Changes I would make:  Instead of using bread dough, I would use Pillsbury canned pizza dough (2 cans so it's still "Chicago-Style").  I like their pizza dough better.  If you like the bread dough, then I would use 1.5 loafs and make bread-sticks with the extra half loaf!  One loaf just isn't big enough to make an even crust on the bottom.  I would add more toppings so it fills the dough (bigger toppings like mushrooms, yes, sausage, and peppers).  I added extra cheese which was sooo yummy (but when is extra cheese not yummy???).
Extra ingredients to use later in the week: The bread dough comes in a pack of 3, so I have 2 extra loafs (good thing you can freeze it!  Would be good to actually use as a side item for a future recipe).

-The Pink Chef

"I would rather be in Chicago right now"


2 comments:

  1. This sounds so fast! When Brooks isn't around to make homemade pizza dough, I'll be sure to keep the pre-made dough on hand (didn't know they made that)! Next time, try sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes.. Mmmm..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a great BLT pizza recipe that i love. Should pass it on for you to review. :)

    ReplyDelete