Monday, April 18, 2011

Croissant-lette and Fruit Salad


Recipe From:  Caitie Bump

Croissant-lette- This is great to make from the left-over ingredients from earlier in the week (not to mention super easy and fast!).  I made a simple omelette with ham and cheese (beat 2 eggs and 1/4 C milk with salt and pepper, place in small frying pan (PAM first!), after 5 min of cooking on med heat, add ham and cheese to one side, flip other side over (should look like a half moon now), continue to cook for 5 min flipping back and forth until cooked).  Place omelette on croissant (I learned how to spell croissant correctly this week thanks to this blog haha) and cut in half!
Fruit Salad- Left over from earlier in the week (do not use bananas in fruit salad if you want to use later in the week...nothing worse than brown, soggy bananas!).  Side note, does anyone else always sing Gwen Stefani's song "Hollaback Girl" when spelling bananas???  Ban-an-as! 
Total Time: 15 min 
Rating: 
The Pink Chef- 9
Hubby Rating- 10
Presentation- 8
Dishes- 2
Left overs- 0
Changes I made while cooking:  I didn't really make any changes while cooking because I was making this recipe up as I cooked!
Thoughts while cooking: "This is so fast and easy!" 
Impressions while eating: "I think I'm addicted to croissants!"
Changes I would make: Add a seasoning to the omelette...I like 'Tony's Creole Seasonoing'...however, hubby says this is not necessary.  I think pregnancy is making me crave more salt on foods!
Extra ingredients to use later in the week:  eggs, cheese, ham, fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment